Sunday, March 8, 2009

Use the Muse

Through Beading Daily, Scarlett announced her "Use the Muse" contest. This was a kit that you purchased that included beads and findings. There would be one item that you had to use, "The Muse". The rules were that you had to use the muse but that is the only piece that you had to use. You had to make a wearable piece of art. You could not disclose what the Muse piece was. You cannot publish pictures of your piece until the contest closes. Once you have created your piece, you have to submit two photos with a description of no more than 100 words. A winner will be selected.

This will be an ongoing contest. I did this because I had been in a rut and felt I needed something to get me out of it. So, I purchased my kit. As soon as I saw the kit and the "Muse" I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Amazingly, it went together very easily and I think turned out very nicely! I am quite happy with it.

The finished piece is ours to do with what we want. I think this may be something that I keep. I don't know that I want to sell this one yet. Once the contest deadline has passed and we are allowed, I will post pictures of my piece to get your ideas.

This really helped to get me out of my rut! Now if I just had a little more time in the day to get some of my designs from paper into reality! Maybe soon things will calm down a little and I can get back to designing!

No comments:

Post a Comment