Sunday, March 22, 2009

Revamp...Resdesign...

I have recently been thinking that I need to rethink my designing process. This would be in the hopes of making myself unique in some way to the market. I have a few ideas and have ordered some supplies to try out a few pieces. However, I am thinking that I need to come up with some "design lines'. You know like the fashion industry does for the spring, summer, fall and winter collections, something like that. So I have wrote down some ideas.

I find myself drawn to the older styles, more vintage. Someone suggested steampunk but when I read about steampunk, I am not sure that I am that either. So I am going to be doing some reseach at different styles or techniques to see if I can identify with something.

Have any of you done through this whole process? If so, I would love to hear from you so please send me a note. If you would like to look at my studio and give me your opinion, please visit me at http://shedesignsjewelry.artfire.com . Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. What are you thinking about as far as design lines?
    Oh and I LOVE vintage, I've been wanting to work more with Vintage pieces and putting a modern twist to them, but I need more time! lol

    I looked through your shop, you have really nice things :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. been there done that too...it is a hard decision but you have to go with what you love to do that's when your creativity shows and it will show in your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete